ECE and OSHC Educators - trainees and fully qualified/permanent and casual
Why not join our Early Learning and Outside School Hours Teams and make a difference in the lives of children!
Columba Cottage is a vibrant Early Learning and Outside School Hours Care education unit of St Columba Anglican School. Our span of hours is 6.30am to 6.00pm, 51 weeks per year. Maximum places occupied by children are 122/day (early childhood) and 60/day (OSHC)
What are the roles on offer………………………….
We are encouraging motivated, child -focused people who want to continue or grow their professional journey in early education and outside school hours care (OSHC), to get in touch.
- 1 Full time qualified educator role ( Diploma or Cert III) - early education
- 3 Full time or part time “working towards” a Cert III qualification. This can be worked as an inhouse trainee or via individual external study through a recognised organisation - early education and / or OSHC
- Casuals within OSHC and / or early education.
A little more about Columba Cottage…
Columba Cottage acknowledges the Birpai people on whose land we work, live and play.
We are committed to implementing and maintaining compliance with the NSW Child Safe Standards and take a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of children or vulnerable persons.
Columba Cottage works to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Columba Cottage works to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds and encourages applications from people from culturally or linguistically diverse background.
Positions that are “working towards” a qualification will continue on to permanent roles after achieveing a successful qualification.
What you need to be a successful candidate……………………
- The capability to engage children through activities and experiences appropriate for age groups / stages of development
- The ability to communicate effectively with children, families and staff
- A commitment to your own ongoing professional development in early education and/or OSHC
- The ability to undertake the physical requirements involved within an early childhood and OSHC setting
- Working with Children Check verification number
If you are seeking a qualified position………………
- An approved Cert III or Diploma level qualification for the purposes of the education and care services, national law and regulations
- Approved child protection qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training
- Experience in / or interest in additional needs / challenging behaviours (desirable)
Next Steps to join our team in 2024:
If you are genuinely excited as we are for you to join our team, we look forward to welcoming you!
Follow the Apply Now link on this page and include a cover letter and resume with your application. Applications will be regularly reviewed, Successful candidates will be interviewed.
Please contact Marina Hynes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a position description or further information,
Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood educator?
Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?