- Heavy Vehicle Industry
- Port Macquarie Location
- Employer of choice
Jim Pearson Transport based in Port Macquarie are currently looking for Apprentices, either new entrant, 1st, 2nd or 3rd year. We are a privately owned company that has been operating since 1973. Jim Pearson Transport currently employs more than 650 highly trained and professional staff ranging from administration, mechanics, drivers, logistics experts, driver trainers, fatigue management educators, tyre technicians, truck washers, yard workers and managerial staff, who are all necessary to make the company what it is today.
This Apprenticeship is full time and attending TAFE to complete your certificate. You will be working with qualified and highly skilled tradesmen, along with gaining valuable hands-on experience, mentoring and support.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Diagnose and repair electric braking, steering, battery systems
- Use of electrical testing equipment
- Carry out mechanic diagnosis, repair and replacements as required
- Perform repairs and refurbishing of recycled parts to required quality standards
- Upon request carry out minor/small repairs as per Job Sheet
- Handle all vehicles with due care and attention
- Cleaning of the workshop
- Assisting tradesmen in all service areas
The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident communicator
- Motivated with a genuine interest in the automotive industry
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Receive a Trade in the Heavy Vehicle Industry that has continuous work flow
- Overtime work available
- Well known employer of choice and long term employees
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
- Annual social event and workplace bonus
This will be an excellent opportunity for the right person to join our hard-working team, we look forward to your application.
Please send your cover letter and resume to us outlining your suitability for the role by clicking on the link below:
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.