1st Year Apprentice Chef
- Join an industry leader
- Internal & External training opportunities & paid training sessions
- Internal promotions & transfer opportunities
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts on merchandise & at our restaurants
- Excellent working conditions, comfy staff room & free parking,
Port Macquarie Panthers is looking for a motivated and energetic Apprentice Chef to join our busy kitchen team.
About us …
Overlooking the beautiful Hastings River, Port Macquarie Panthers is a place to relax with friends and family while enjoying live entertainment and a flavorsome meal.
Panthers Port Macquarie is one of 5 venues within the Panthers Group, one of Australia’s largest entertainment groups, and is home to the mighty Penrith Panthers NRL team.
About the Role …
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Year Apprentice Chef to start and develop their skills with a leading brand in the entertainment, leisure and hospitality industry.
You will enjoy working in an energetic kitchen and work with a team that prides itself on consistently presenting high quality food to customers. As a valuable member of our team, you will enjoy working with qualified and experienced mentors to assist you in the development of your skills.
Your main duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Assist our chefs with food preparation and service;
- Provide support with fryer duties and progress to grill responsibilities;
- Assist in the cleaning procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic kitchen;
- Assist the chefs in catering for various functions and banquets and;
- Ensure the safe storage of products and abide by relevant food health and safety legislation.
About you …
With an enthusiasm to learn, you will demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your skills within the trade. You are required to be flexible and reliable as you will need to be available 24/7 to work as required including nights, weekends and public holidays.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Enthusiasm to learn and demonstrate a strong commitment and passion to developing your skills within the trade;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Fantastic communication skills;
- Enjoy working within a productive and fast paced team and;
- Ability to handle pressure and work efficiently and pro-actively.
We’re looking for community-minded people who will make our members and their guests their number one priority. We want people with energy, enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Panthers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Port Macquarie 2444 NSW